Monday, February 8, 2010

What happened to January?

Time sure flies by! I can't believe it is February 8th!! What happened to January? Not much has been happening around here - just daily life with 2 kids.

James' basketball season is winding down. They will play their last game this Saturday. Their team has only won 1 game so it hasn't been the best season. James enjoys playing basketball, but he doesn't get into it like he does football and baseball. Speaking of baseball, even though it is early February, baseball practice begins next week. James is a pirate this year with Coach Moody. This will be our third spring to have him as Coach and we are all thrilled! He is a great guy and Coach! They learn a lot and work hard, but he also has fun and isn't a coach that goes overboard with the practices. I love baseball season! It is so much fun! I don't have a brother so I didn't grow up going to the ballpark. I did go some with my neighbor to see her brother play and loved it as a child. Annamarye loves going too - she likes seeing everyone. Plus - this year we are in the front of the park by the big concession stand! Yea!! For those of you that have never been to Heardmont Park - this is HUGE! For years we have been in the back and let me tell you it is a hike back there!

I have been obsessed with reading the book Roses by Leila Meacham (?). It is Fabulous!! First of all, I have always loved Gone with the Wind - the book and the movie. My friend Celisa read about this book and so I thought I would try it out. I have not been able to put it down!! Every free moment I have has been spent reading this book. It is that good. I am at the very end and will finish it tonight. I should be back to blogging regularly once I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment