Friday, September 24, 2010

Donuts and Spaghetti


Yea, its Friday!! This has been a busy week! Here's just a few blurbs about our week.

I went for the second week to a yoga class (laughing now I know). My friend Angie teaches it and I have really enjoyed it. 90% of what we do are the same exercises I did with the physical therapist last fall when I had my herniated disc.

Monday night Annamarye and I went to a Heritage Girl meeting. Heritage girls are the "girls" of Boy Scouts. I always thought Girls Scouts were part of Boy Scouts, but they are not affiliated at all. Annamarye was a little timid at first, but then saw a couple of girls she knew from school. I think we will give it a try. I like the Christian beliefs and the community service projects that they do.

The snails are driving me crazy!!! We had more eggs on Thursday and Friday! This time they weren't on the inside of the lid. We suspected it and so I looked and this time they were under the edges. Today I had to remove the entire lid to get to them. We are going to have to get rid of one of them. Anyone want a snail?

This morning we started our day with a little breakfast trip to Daylight Donuts! It was the happening place ~ we saw three teachers there. Here's the gang:


Everyone enjoyed their donuts, but on the way to school James said his stomach hurt. He said he was fine when I dropped him off. But, three hours later I got the phone call from the school nurse. James had gotten sick. Neither one of my kids are sick very often. I picked him up and we stopped by Publix and got some Sprite and soup, then headed to Blockbuster and got a few movies and a wii game. So far he is fine! He never had a fever and hasn't been sick or felt sick since. Thank goodness! We are enjoying our Mom-son time together!

On a completely different note, I wanted to share this spaghetti sauce recipe. It is sooo good. I got it from a friend of mine and it is actually her Grandmother's recipe.

1 pound browned ground beef
1/2 chopped medium onion (brown with the meat)
1 can diced tomatoes (can use Rotel if you like it spicy)
1-2 garlic buttons or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 small can tomato paste
2T Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 cup water
2 bay leaves

Mix all ingredients and put in a crock pot. Cook on low all day or a minimum of 4 hours.
It is yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment