Monday, April 26, 2010

The names have been changed to protect the guilty

It rained Friday night and then all day on Saturday. We had some rumbling and some lightning, but nothing like other areas. I am very thankful for that!

Because of the rain, baseball was cancelled, so we just hung out around the house all morning.

James went to a birthday party on Saturday night. A friend in his class had 3 boys over to spend the night. Earlier in the week I asked what time she wanted me to bring James over. I couldn't believe it when she said 2:00!! I immediately emailed her back and asked if she was insane?! 4 boys from 2:00 Saturday afternoon, spending the night, going to church and lunch afterwards -that's a long time!! But I dropped him and another friend off a little after 2 that afternoon. And that's when the craziness began. Since it was rainy, they were stuck inside. She is a better mom than me! There is no way I would have had 4 boys inside my house for that long! James had his DSI and lots of games, and his big nerf gun. The parents had also bought the boys some nerf guns. I am sure it was wild!



Anyway, they all had fun, played games, ate pizza and got very little sleep. The next morning when they pulled into the parking lot at church, Skip (not his real name) gets out of the car and throws up in the bushes! He gets car sick and has thrown up in my car before. They make it into church and three of the boys fell asleep leaning on each other. I wish they had snapped a picture!



Somewhere and somehow along the way, Skip gets a bead stuck up his nose! They called Skip's parents and his mom went to meet them to pick him up. She met them at Dairy Queen. When they got there, Skip gets out of the car and says he is going to be sick again!


I know it wasn't funny, but I couldn't help myself. I laughed and laughed!

Annamarye had a birthday party Saturday night at the Venetian spa at the Summit. Johnny and I dropped her off and then headed across the parking lot and had dinner at Flip Burger Boutique. It is very hip and chic! I had the shrimp burger and Johnny had the veal burger. For dessert I had a chocolate martini, which was fabulous! They didn't have it on the menu, but I asked if they could make me one. Johnny had a foi gras milkshake. Now I have had foi gras once before and that is enough for me! But let me tell you, I could drink the milkshake all day long! It tasted more like a french silk vanilla shake! If you go to Flip Burger, you have to get one!


OK, back to Sunday now, since James' game was canceled on Saturday, they played it Sunday afternoon. They played well and won 10-9. Right now we are in third place in the standings. The numbers 1 and 2 teams each have one loss - we beat them each.

Our friend Wes was on his way home from the beach and met us at the ball park. Afterwards, we came back to the house and ordered pizza.
James got in the bed early, but I guess not early enough. Today I found James like this while doing his reading homework:

We will be getting in the bed early tonight!

During a break in the rain on Saturday, Johnny took a water sample from the fish tank to the pet store to be tested. We now have two more fish! And we have to start feeding them twice a day. We aren't feeding them too much, but they aren't eating it fast enough and it is sinking to the bottom. The two new fish are ones that dig and eat the food that does drop to the bottom.


This one is long and skinny and attaches itself to the plants, rocks and side of the tank.

This one stays close to the bottom and digs for food between the rocks. You can't see it well in the picture, but he has whiskers like a catfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment