Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter! Saturday we dyed our eggs, using none other than this:










The kids were excited to see that the Easter Bunny stopped at our house! I don't remember getting so much when I was little!


The kids got lots of candy and the Easter Bunny also left us some new outside paint and a paint sprayer. James got some Pokemon stuff and Bakugon (?) stuff. Annamarye got lip smackers, nail polish and a weaving potholder making kit. She made one when we got home from church. It reminded me of when I was little. We made them all the time!
Since Johnny sings in the choir, he had to go to all three services. We usually get up and go to the 8:00 service. That way we get home and can relax before everyone comes over for lunch and egg hunting. This year James was acolyte.

We had a honeybaked ham and lots of sides for lunch. For dessert we had a bunny ice cream cake from Brusters. It was yummy!!
Afterwards we headed outside for egg hunting and games. This year I put some money in a couple of the eggs, which made it a little more interesting. I also put jokes and the answers in some eggs. So after you found the eggs you had to match the jokes with the correct answer. It was fun. We played a few relay games and races.

After everyone left, I took a nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment