Thursday, April 1, 2010

A great deal and a fish tale!

I just love having a personal sports shopper!! My neighbor works for a sporting goods store. This is the same one that last fall told us about the great deal on the basketball goal. Yesterday her two little girls were over playing and when she walked over to get them, she told me about this:



It was on sale for $19.99! She had them hold one for me and I went and picked it up while the kids were in school. I told Johnny I had bought something for James for baseball and I knew what it did, but I didn't know what it was called - but it was a really good deal so I couldn't pass it up!! He laughed. It has turned out to be a good purchase! James can practice throwing/pitching and then turn it around and practice batting. James and I even put it together!

Now, for the fish tale! A few weeks ago I was trying to get Annamarye to learn to ride her bike. She rides her scooter which is two wheels, so I knew she could do it. She just needed a push. Plus, not to be mean, but she can be a little lazy sometimes. Anyway, she has been asking and asking for a fish, so I told her when she learned to ride her bike, I would buy her a fish. Needless to say, in one afternoon she could ride and after a few days it was like she had been riding for months!
Now, I was thinking a little glass fishbowl and a small little fish. But then Johnny (he never does anything small scale) got involved and this is what we got:

This has been about a 2 week process. First he bought the tank, rocks, plants etc.. Then we had to go and buy a stand/table for it. Then he had to buy the filter, heater and bubble maker. So far we have spent far more than my little glass fishbowl and fish would have cost. And we still don't have fish yet!! He had to put the water and water conditioner etc.. in the water and has to take a sterile sample of the water to the pet store for them to test it before we can add the fish!
If all goes well, we should have fish this weekend! I'll keep you posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment