Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baseball, yardwork and projects

I can't believe it is Thursday already! The days are just flying by so quickly! James had a book report due on Tuesday. They had to read a Beverly Cleary book and then make a kite to go along with it. On the kite they had to put a drawing of the main character, the title and the author. On the tail they had to list character traits of the main character. Here's what James did:

He read Strider. He did a good job! I help a little, mostly with the glue gun so he would burn himself. I am a firm believer of letting the kids do their own projects.

Annamarye also had a project this week. For Earth Day, she had to make something using items from around the house. Here she is spray painting an empty (and clean) orange juice carton. The finished project is coming soon. She finished it yesterday and took it to school today. I forgot to get a picture, so I will get one when she brings it home. Can you guess what she is making?

I love being outside right now! It is not too hot and not too cold. The gnats do kind start to bother us after a while, but the weather is just wonderful right now!
James loves cutting the grass! Johnny lets him help some on the straight parts. I just hope it lasts and he still loves to cut the grass when he is older! When I was single and had my own house, I cut the grass and loved it too! I would help cut it now, but Johnny would never let me touch his lawn mower!

James had a baseball game last night. I was a little nervous and forgot my camera! It was another great game! I just love baseball!! Can you tell? It really is exciting! They were playing the number one team, a team with one loss. It went back and forth and we were down by 4 going into the the bottom of the 4th inning. There is a time limit on the games, so this was it. Since we were home, we batted last. The Pirates pulled through and won 13-12! James played well, he missed a ball and a chance for an out at third, but later caught one and made an out to end an inning. He struck out once, they walked him once and he had one fabulous hit to the outfield! Our next game is Saturday, I hope it doesn't get rained out!




No comments:

Post a Comment