Sunday, March 28, 2010

Play Ball!

Saturday was opening day for baseball. James had a game Tuesday night and they won. This year it is kid pitch. Everyone kept saying how long, slow and boring it was, but I didn't think so at all. It was kind of funny though - everyone also said how timid the batters are because they are afraid of getting hit. We were at the end of the 3rd inning and I said that I hadn't noticed that all. Everyone agreed. I'll be durned if the next batter didn't get hit in the arm. Then the next batter got hit in the leg!! I will keep my mouth shut next time!

Anyway, yesterday was the official opening day! James' team is the pirates so Annamarye wore her Mickey pirate shirt!

It was a real nail biter of a game! It went back and forth every inning. It was the bottom of the 4th and we were up to bat. We were behind, the score was 11-7. The pirates played hard and evened up the score 11-11. We were thrilled with that! I'll take a tie over a loss anyday. We had 2 outs, the bases were loaded and it was a full count! The next throw was a ball so our guy walked and we scored and won 12-11!! James played great! He had a couple of great stops and assists in the outfield and 2 hits. One good hit and one great hit to the outfield! So Coach gave him the game ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment