Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Time Fun!

The kids love washing the car! So Monday we washed the car. I'm not sure it got really clean, but we had fun playing in the water. I am afraid to see our water bill next month!



On a recent trip to the new Big Lots we bought some water balloons. Actually we had plenty of balloons, but we lost the nozzle part to fill them up. Or so I thought. Now we have three of them! They were in the bag with our balloons, I just couldn't see them. Anyway, while we were all wet from washing the car, we decided to have some balloon war fun! We filled up a couple of buckets and went at it!


James, always the boy, had to wear his gun for the battle!
I love summertime and our easy summertime schedule! I love being outside, washing the car, playing in the yard and not being in a hurry! I love having the time to cook with the kids too. They love it too, thank goodness. This week we have made two dishes together. We made chocolate pretzel bark. We didn't get any pictures because we were too busy eating! It was yummy and one recipe we will definitely make again!

We also made a favorite summer dish of mine - orzo pasta salad. The kids loved making this one because they got to go outside and tear off basil from our basil plant!



No comments:

Post a Comment