Friday, June 18, 2010

Nut Up

My Vacation Bible School t-shirt saved me from "nutting up" at the bank this morning. Generally speaking, I don't like banks and bank people. Sorry if I offend anyone out there. Last summer after my Dad passed away everyone at the bank was very nice and helpful! Those people I like. Others I don't.

My experience has been that they have an attitude. They never accept the fact that they make mistakes. Years ago the bank made a $1500 error on my checking account. When I called them about it, they gave me the run around because they never could make a mistake like that. Well, they had to eat their words, because it was their error. And then once a few years ago, they made an error and gave us $100. I went to the bank and had to convince them they made a mistake!! I was giving them back $100 and had to convince them of their mistake!!

Anyway, I tried to make a purchase online and they declined it and flagged it as fraud. (We have had problems with this before on vacation and now before going out of town I always go to the bank and let them know.) So I had to call and get it fixed and then re-order my purchase. Then this morning I am checking my accounts online and found that they returned a check by mistake. Luckily I had written the check from one of my accounts to another and nothing else was effected. But still it was their mistake and just really irritating that I had to go down there and deal with it. As I was walking in to the bank I realized I had on my VBS t-shirt! In our Sunday School class our teacher talks about "nutting up" in public and how it looks as a Christian. So I kept my anger in check and supposedly got it fixed. They are suppose to refund the return check charges too. I'll be watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment