Monday, June 21, 2010

Peach Run

Saturday we walked/ran in the Clanton Peach Run! I have never been a runner although I would love to be one. It all started a while back when my sister, Renee said she wanted to walk in the Mercedes Marathon next February. She said we could walk as long as we finished in 4 hours. So I said sure! I thought I have a long time to get ready. I walk regularly anyway.

Well about a month ago she calls and says they are having a run in Clanton (where she lives) and wanted me to do it with her. The lady said there was no time limit and we could walk, we didn't have to run. So like a fool, I said OK. Here we are before the run.

My brother in law, Doug took the picture above. That's his finger in the bottom corner.

I was rethinking my decision Saturday morning when I had to get up at 4:20 a.m.!!! We left our house around 5:25. The race started at 7:00. It was a lot of fun! Johnny walked with us and so did a good friend, Bill. Bill lives in Clanton and goes to church with Renee and Doug. He grew up next door to us. Doug, James and Annamarye watched and cheered us on! They drove around and talked to us throughout the race. It was really funny! The lady in front of us really laughed when I told the kids to go get me a coke icee! There was a 5k and a 10k run. We did the 5k. After the race we all went to The Kountry Kitchen and had breakfast.

We didn't win, but still had a good time. The Race for the Cure is in October so we are going to get ready for that one. Johnny did win a door prize drawing! It is a flower pot with some homemade strawberry jam, a t-shirt and a peach cookbook. The winners in the different age groups won peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment