Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Eggs

In between baseball games on Saturday, it was mad cooking and egg dyeing time! I made deviled eggs, corn salad and made a derby pie. Then we had to dye our Easter Eggs. I had boiled the eggs on Friday night so all we had left to do was dye them, which James and Annamarye love! They always enjoy mixing the colors!


Just a little FYI - I made Annamarye's t-shirt dress. I told her it didn't matter if she messed it up since she won't be able to wear it next year. She didn't get a drop of color on her, but I now have a huge blue stain on my white t-shirt!

Friday night we made the Easter cookies - where you read the scriptures from the Bible as you go. Then you leave the cookies in the oven overnight. When you open the cookies, they are empty, like the tomb was on Easter morning. The kids had fun. We make these every year. James got tired of mixing the egg whites though. It was fun for a while, but didn't last long.


It was really nice that Annamarye and James could take turns this year looking up and reading the Bible verses.


No comments:

Post a Comment