Monday, October 12, 2009

We're still here!

Hello everyone! Thanks for hanging in there! This update has been in the works for a while now. Actually, I have started and stopped several times over the past few months, never able to finish. It is hard to believe it has been almost 4 months since my Dad passed away. Thanks so much for all of the prayers and support! There are so many of you that have reached out to me, my sister and my kids and you will never how much it means to me! We were all very close and so the transition has been difficult. I talked with my Dad on the phone at least 4 times a day and we saw him a couple of times a week. Either stopping by or at one of James' games etc. Those of you that have been there know exactly what I'm talking about. I remember after my Mother passed away how devastating it was when I was cooking something and went to grab the phone to call her about a recipe and realized she wasn't there anymore. It has been the same this time around too. It is the little things you do everyday that you take for granted!

It has been rough. Especially this fall. My Dad loved the fall with the leaves changing and the cooler weather and of course Alabama Football! That was his all time favorite! It has been tough making the trips to the games without him, but I know he is watching from above and cheering on the Tide!

I wanted to share a couple of pictures with you. My Dad was in the Air Force, so they sent a couple of servicemen to the service. They folded the flag and played Taps. We chose James to receive it since he is the only grandson. Sorry the second picture is a little blurry. We bought a keepsake case for it and had a plaque made.










I had to include one fun picture! Here's the kids on the first day of school! I can't believe they are in 2nd and 3rd grade!!







No comments:

Post a Comment