Friday, September 9, 2011

9-11, Blue Bell and the First Day of School

I can't believe the 10 year anniversary of 9-11 is Sunday! I remember the day well. James was 16 months old and I was pregnant with Annamarye. I was getting ready to head to the church for Bible Study. I was watching the Today show and was shocked! It didn't seem real. In some ways, it still doesn't seem real.
A lady in our neighborhood offered to make these bows for our mailboxes. She is also going to decorate the front of our neighborhood. I will try and snap a picture and post it over the weekend.

Near the end of the summer we took a field trip to the Blue Bell Factory in Sylacauga. It was so much fun! It was one of those things we had talked about for years and just never did it.
Our friends the Ramseys went with us. My nieces, Sophie and Claire were visiting my in laws and so they went too! We had a great tour guide and learned a lot about ice cream. After the tour we got to have samples!

The summer just flew by for us! We went to Meet the Teacher and Annamarye was thrilled to see so many of her friends in her class! Here she is with Avery Rose and Madison and their teacher, Mrs. Easterling. James knows lots of kids in his class so he was excited too. His teacher is Mrs. Anderson who happens to live on the street behind us! We can see her house from our backyard. Of course he is too big to get a picture with the teacher.
Here's the kids on the first day of school:


Have a great weekend!! Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment