Monday, May 17, 2010

Field Day and Catch Up

We are doing well here at the Morgan house! It seems like I begin every post with "we have been so busy lately" but ....



The school year is winding down as well as baseball season. Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week at school, so I was up there a few days for that. The PTO arranges a lunch for the teachers. Each grade level and several of the specialty teachers (art, music, etc.. ) and teacher's aides have a certain day they get to go out for lunch. This year the iJump limo picked them up and took them down the street to Miss Rosemarie's Tea Room. Monday I went and took James' class to lunch while Mrs. Price was gone. And I went back on Thursday to watch Annamarye's class at lunch. I was also at the school for my regular weekly library duty. I really enjoy volunteering in the library. I like seeing all of the kids and I always have fun with the librarian, Mrs. Lamb.

They also had field day last week! I didn't volunteer, but was up there taking pictures. Each year I put together a slide show for the kids' classes. So I wanted some more pictures. Here's a couple. I didn't think you would want to see too many pictures of a bunch of sweaty kids!

The Coaches do a great job with Field Day! The kindergarten classes and first grade classes have their field day in the morning and the 2ND and 3rd grade classes have theirs in the afternoon. There are stations set up and every 10 minutes the coaches blow a horn and the classes rotate. They had bouncy things, sack races, water relay races, a crushed ice station, tug of war and I can't remember what else.

On Friday I went to visit a dear sweet friend Shannon Dennis. She was James' and Annamarye's kindergarten teacher. On Tuesday she gave birth to this sweet baby boy!! Isn't he just precious!! His name is Thomas.

On Saturday the end of the season baseball tournament began. James' teacher, Mrs. Price came to watch several of her students play. Here she is with the James. James' team won so we play again tonight! Wish us luck! We beat the team we play tonight during the regular season, but anything can happen!

After James game on Saturday, James went to a friend's house and went swimming and Johnny went to do some work at my Dad's house.
Annamarye wanted to try out one of her new bathing suits, so we washed the outside of the windows. Annamarye did a great job helping me out. Afterwards we gave Lucy a bath, which is always exciting!

Here's Annamarye trying to catch Lucy for her bath! She tries to sneak up on her.


But Lucy is too smart for that!

Saturday night, Annamarye went to spend the night with her friend Hope. Here they are on the porch ready for church!

Gotta go get ready to cheer the Pirates on!

No comments:

Post a Comment