Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hodge Podge

I have started this post several times and just never had the time to finish. I am determined to finish this morning. I can't believe it is Thursday already! Since my last post lots has been going on here. Not that I ever really considered it, but there is no way I could ever be in real estate!! I am a very organized person and everything has been so rushed and always last minute with the sale of my Dad's house. We got a contract on it in August and they wanted to close by September 30. Great! We were excited. I got a call one day in September we were closing the following week so we had to rush and make sure all of the paperwork was done etc. I went to the bank one day 3 times in a matter of hours. Only to get the call the next morning we weren't closing then! Found out late in the day on September 29th we weren't closing by the 30th. Last Wednesday late afternoon found out we were closing on Monday afternoon. Thursday mid-day that was changed and we were closing the following day at 2:15! Crazy! I just couldn't deal with all of the uncertainty on a regular basis. As I have said before, I like just hum drum kind of days, routine, nothing dramatic. Anyway, we did close and it was a huge relief and burden off my shoulders!!

Praise God for the rescue of the miners in Chile! I have been glued to the TV the past couple of days watching the rescue! I am extremely claustrophobic and cannot imagine what they went through!! (my post says Tuesday, but it is actually Thursday. I told you I had started this post several times!)

Saturday my friend Jeanne called (they were traveling out of town) and said she needed a favor. This was the favor:

That is James crawling through their doggie door!! She had accidentally left some type of electronic device (I'm not sure what it was) in the charger and didn't want to leave it charging for 3 days. So, James went through the doggie door, opened the garage door and we went in and unplugged it.

The kids were out of school on Monday, so we packed a picnic lunch, loaded up the van, picked up Daniel and headed to the park. We met some friends there and had a fabulous day! The boys played football just about the entire time.
Annamarye and Hope played on the playground, did cheers, gymnastics, and twirled!


No comments:

Post a Comment